This blog is the story of a mother and the dreams she has. Some have come true and some are still in the works.
My story..
I was married at 16, had my first child at 17. This child a son, was special in many ways. His name is Matt (he is now 27) and Matt has Down Syndrome. When I first found out I was shocked and was in denial. When the tests came back and it was positive, I was a little lost. Thank goodness I had my mom close and we together gathered all the information we could find. At the time there wasn't an internet to go to and find things out. We went to the library and the information was very old and outdated. So begins my journey.
That was 27 years ago and I thank God everyday for the life I have had because of being Matt's mom.
After Matt came Michael, Ashley, Rebecca and Noah.
This blog is about our life now, the non-profit I founded called Abilities Richmond and the Art program we are beginning at Abilities I am calling The White Picket Fence.
Im very proud of you and am glad to call you friend. Cant wait to read the whole story
ReplyDelete